Memory Care and Alzheimer’s Care
Improving quality of life
Memory Care in Winston-Salem at Homestead Hills is a person-centered approach focused on caring for each Member while seeking to preserve their identity and sense of self. Memory Care communities are specially designed living spaces and supporting environments for those who are living with cognitive challenges brought on by Alzheimer’s and dementia. Homestead Hills services Winston-Salem with an upscale Memory Care, Dementia Care and Alzheimer’s Care retirement community. A move to Homestead Hills means access to an array of care services all under one roof. You will never have to go through a move again.
We know caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be difficult. Our approach gives family members peace-of-mind, while providing a platform for loved ones to grow and thrive. Homestead Hills offers an award winning water therapy program to our Members. The program combines the therapeutic benefits of warm water with low-impact, aerobic activity as skilled caregivers guide residents through a series of exercises. This program has been shown to reduce anxiety, and improve appetite and sleeping patterns for participants.
Our comprehensive Wellness Program, choice of fine dining, and personalized approach to Alzheimer’s care promotes dignity and a sense of purpose for members. We can’t control life’s challenges, but Alzheimer’s and Memory Care at Homestead Hills helps members live well while ensuring their future needs are met with grace and respect.
ServicesThe residents of Homestead Hills enjoy:
- Private secure accommodations with private bath
- A secured courtyard for outdoor enjoyment
- Personalized care plans
- Program activities overseen by licensed nurse with special training in dementia related conditions
- Medication management
- Three meals and snacks served daily with selections from a family style menu approved by a registered dietitian
- A holistic wellness program…physical, psychological, social and spiritual
- Participation in the award winning aqua therapy program
- Support group activities for families
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- 24-hour staff and emergency call system
- Housekeeping, linen and laundry services
- On-site professional hair care salon
- Scheduled transportation
- On-site rehabilitation services to include physical, occupational and speech therapy with indoor therapy pool
Living With Alzheimer’s and Dementia Blog Series
Understanding that your loved one may have a form of dementia can be a difficult and trying time. While there is no single test that can diagnose a person, it’s vital to identify and become aware of the symptoms attributed to dementia. There are various cases of dementia and on average, Alzheimer’s accounts for 60 to 80 percent of cases, while Vascular dementia (which occurs after a stroke) is the second most common form.
To learn more about dementia care, check out our blog series covering everything from Identifying Alzheimer’s to Making a Successful Transition into Memory Care.